Top Posts & Pages
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 25, 2013): Heaven, Nick Saban and an Adult Relationship With God
- Writings By Teilhard de Chardin
- The God of Surprises
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Catholic Moral Law
- The Noosphere (Part I): Teilhard de Chardin's Vision
- Consciousness: Where Do Our Thoughts Exist?
- St. Peter Faber, SJ: Patron Saint of Business?
- Feast of St. Albert the Great (November 15): Patron Saint of Scientists
- Sunday Reflection, 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (September 22, 2013): Eric Clapton and Surrendering to God
- Teilhard de Chardin Quote of the Week (November 11, 2013): Cosmic Consciousness
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Hymn of the Universe
Repost From Last Year: Today is the Feast of the Transfiguration. It was one of those rare instances during Jesus’ lifetime when His divinity was clearly apparent to his closest disciples. The Transfiguration also had a special place in the … Continue reading
This weekend is the celebration of Pentecost, which marks the end of the Easter Season. The readings can be found here. The coming of the Holy Spirit is often represented by tongues of fire. Fire was also prominent for … Continue reading
This weekend is the Second Sunday of Lent. The readings can be found here. The readings focus on the Transfiguration. It was one of those rare instances during Jesus’ lifetime when His divinity was clearly apparent to his closest disciples. … Continue reading
When I was away on my mini-sabbatical a couple of weeks ago, Shannon Huffman Polson had a wonderful two-part article on Teilhard de Chardin at Patheos. The article describes how Ms. Polson was listening to an On Being radio interview … Continue reading
“Lord, do you now therefore, speaking through my lips, pronounce over this earthly travail your twofold efficacious word: the word without which all that our wisdom and our experience have built up must totter and crumble—the word through which all our most … Continue reading
“Lord, may the might of your invincible hands direct and transfigure for the great world you have in mind that earthly travail which I have gathered into my heart and now offer you in its entirety. Remold it, rectify it, recast … Continue reading
“Lord, I know we cannot forestall, still less dictate to you, even the smallest of your actions; from you alone comes all initiative—and this applies in the first place to my prayer. Radiant Word, blazing Power, you who mold the manifold so … Continue reading