Top Posts & Pages
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 25, 2013): Heaven, Nick Saban and an Adult Relationship With God
- Writings By Teilhard de Chardin
- The God of Surprises
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Catholic Moral Law
- The Noosphere (Part I): Teilhard de Chardin's Vision
- Consciousness: Where Do Our Thoughts Exist?
- St. Peter Faber, SJ: Patron Saint of Business?
- Feast of St. Albert the Great (November 15): Patron Saint of Scientists
- Sunday Reflection, 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (September 22, 2013): Eric Clapton and Surrendering to God
- Teilhard de Chardin Quote of the Week (November 11, 2013): Cosmic Consciousness
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: John Polkinghorne
Feast of St. Dominic (August 8) and the Celebration of the Symbiotic Relationship Between Faith and Science
“Religion needs science to keep it away from superstition and keep it close to reality, to protect it from creationism, which at the end of the day is a kind of paganism – it’s turning God into a nature god.” — Guy Consolmagno, S.J. Today … Continue reading
One of the great contributions that Teilhard de Chardin made to Christian theology is his reconciliation of traditional Christian theology with evolutionary biology. Science has continued to advance. Discoveries in the past 100 years, from the Big Bang to particle … Continue reading
Today is the Feast of St. Albert the Great who, along with St. Dominic, are the patron Saints of scientists. In honor of this Feast Day, I am going to restate much of what I wrote on August on the Feast Day … Continue reading
Feast of St. Dominic (August 8): Patron Saint of Scientists and the Symbiotic Relationship between Faith and Science
Today is the Feast of St. Dominic, the patron Saint of scientists. This is a perfect opportunity to correct the false but unfortunately common perception that there is a conflict between science and religion. Part of the reason for that is … Continue reading