Top Posts & Pages
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 25, 2013): Heaven, Nick Saban and an Adult Relationship With God
- Writings By Teilhard de Chardin
- The God of Surprises
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Catholic Moral Law
- The Noosphere (Part I): Teilhard de Chardin's Vision
- Consciousness: Where Do Our Thoughts Exist?
- St. Peter Faber, SJ: Patron Saint of Business?
- Feast of St. Albert the Great (November 15): Patron Saint of Scientists
- Sunday Reflection, 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (September 22, 2013): Eric Clapton and Surrendering to God
- Teilhard de Chardin Quote of the Week (November 11, 2013): Cosmic Consciousness
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: St. John the Baptist
This weekend is the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord. The readings can be found here. This Feast is both the last day of the Christmas season and the First Sunday in Ordinary Time. The Baptism of Jesus is … Continue reading
“One mightier than I is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals. I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” — Mark: 1:7-8 This Sunday is the Second … Continue reading
Today we celebrate the Feast of St. John the Baptist. One of the things I really like about Christianity is its universality and its adaptability to different cultures. Perhaps the best example of that is the date established for the … Continue reading
I, the LORD, have called you for the victory of justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant of the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners … Continue reading
The excellent National Public Radio program, On Being, had a replay of an interview with Canadian philosopher and Catholic social entrepreneur Jean Vanier. I had heard this interview before and if anything, it was even more moving listening to it … Continue reading