Top Posts & Pages
- 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time (August 25, 2013): Heaven, Nick Saban and an Adult Relationship With God
- Writings By Teilhard de Chardin
- The God of Surprises
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Catholic Moral Law
- The Noosphere (Part I): Teilhard de Chardin's Vision
- Consciousness: Where Do Our Thoughts Exist?
- St. Peter Faber, SJ: Patron Saint of Business?
- Feast of St. Albert the Great (November 15): Patron Saint of Scientists
- Sunday Reflection, 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time (September 22, 2013): Eric Clapton and Surrendering to God
- Teilhard de Chardin Quote of the Week (November 11, 2013): Cosmic Consciousness
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Gospel of Matthew
Sunday Reflection on Epiphany (January 4, 2015): A Real Truth That May or May Not Have Been Historical
[Note: This is a slightly modified version of the reflection I posted last year] This weekend is the celebration of the Epiphany. The readings can be found here. The journey of the Magi is one of the most beautiful stories … Continue reading
Sunday Reflection, Solemnity of Christ the King of the Universe (November 23, 2014): Teilhard de Chardin’s Universal Christic Vision
This Sunday is the Feast of Christ the King of the Universe and the last Sunday in Ordinary Time. You can find the readings here. I wrote last year about some of the background of this great feast, which … Continue reading
This weekend is the 33rd Sunday in Ordinary Time. The readings can be found here. The Gospel is about the parable of the talents. When I was younger, I was this parable strange on a couple of levels. First, I … Continue reading
“I know how to live in humble circumstances; I know also how to live with abundance. In every circumstance and in all things I have learned the secret of being well fed and of going hungry, of living in abundance and of being in … Continue reading
Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. — Phil 4:8 This Sunday is the 27th Sunday in … Continue reading
Sunday Reflection, 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time (September 7, 2014): Love is the Fulfillment of the Law
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no evil to the neighbor; hence, love is the fulfillment of the law.” — Romans 13:9-10 This weekend is the 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time. The readings can be found here. The themes … Continue reading
For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been his counselor? Or who has given the Lord anything that he may be repaid? For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be glory … Continue reading